Hot PMI Certifications
All PMI Exams
About PMI Certifications
PMI (Project Management Institute) is a non-profit association that designs and administers the project management certifications. The organization serves about 2.9 million professionals in 208 territories and countries around the world. Its services cover the development of research, education, standards, networking opportunities, training seminars, and hosting conferences.
PMI offers the following certifications:
- PMP (Project Management Professional). This credential was introduced in the 1980s and since then more than 800,000 individuals have earned this certification worldwide. PMP is one of the most popular certificates offered by PMI. It tests the individual’s ability to plan, manage, and direct projects. To qualify for this certification, the candidate is required to be a holder of a diploma from high school and have 5 years working experience in the project management industry or a four-year degree course and at least four years of working experience in the field.
- CAPM (Certified Associate in Project Management) . It is an entry-level credential. The certification exam contains 150 multiple-choice questions to be completed in a period of 3 hours. The certificate expires after 5 years.
- PgMP (Program Management Professional) . The relevant exam for this credential contains 170 questions, which are all multiple choice. They should be answered within 4 hours. 60 Professional Development Units (PDUs) are required to renew the certification after three years.
- PfMP (Portfolio Management Professional) . The test for this certification contains 170 questions of a multiple-choice format. They are required to be completed in a period of 4 hours. The certificate expires after 3 years, 60 Professional Development Units (PDUs) are required to maintain it.
- PMI-ACP (PMI Agile Certified Practitioner). The exam contains 120 multiple-choice questions to be completed in three hours. 30 PDUs are needed to maintain the certificate after every 3 years.
- PMI-PBA (PMI Professional in Business Analysis). In the certification exam, a period of four hours is allocated to complete 200 multiple-choice questions. 60 PDUs earned from business analysis topics are necessary to renew the credential after three years.
- PMI-SP (PMI Scheduling Professional) . The test contains 170 questions, which are multiple choice. There are three and a half hours to complete the exam. 30 PDUs must be earned in order to maintain the credential every 3 years.
- PMI-RMP (PMI Risk Management Professional). The certification exam contains 170 multiple-choice questions to be completed in 3.5 hours. After three years, 30 PDUs are required to renew the certificate.